Cold water therapy for horses - advanced, medical grade fabrics have been used to engineer these innovative cold water compression lightweight horse boots.
The practical solution for leg cooling after strenuous exercise. Simply soak in water for 5-8 minutes (maximum 30 minutes*), no need for ice or refrigeration.
Cold water therapy for horses is a revolution in cooling technology aided recovery activated by moisture absorption and maintained by exposure to airflow delivered via the 3D ducted mesh. The advanced cold water fabric has been developed as part of our Air Tech range, the lining is of medical-grade providing hypo-allergenic and antibacterial properties. The material uses a unique chemistry to achieve rapid water absorption. The advanced formulation releases energy over time to provide temperatures that are 6-12° cooler than ambient temperature.
These lightweight horse boots have been engineered to provide uniform cooling without restricting movement. The air is the element that keeps the fabric cool once it has been activated by water. The 3D sports mesh outer allows a constant flow of air to reach the cold water material which prolongs the cooling effect of the boots. Once saturated the cold water fabric is activated and provides a cold cushioned layer anatomically shaped to your horse’s leg. The adjustable Velcro straps create compression to further aid recovery.
Our Air Tech specialist fabrics have been developed for all equine disciplines to ensure key properties facilitate the technical performance and protection required of our products.
We recommend using the boots for no longer than 2-4 hours per use. Boots can be worn in the stable or during turnout.
Legs should be clean before applying the boots. We recommend soaking in cold water for 5-8 minutes before applying to the leg. Gently squeeze out excess water. Under no circumstances should the boot be applied in its dry state.
Water of an ambient temperature may also be used as the fabric technology will lower the temperature.
*Do not leave to soak excessively – maximum 30 minutes.
Store in an airtight box or bag once dry for optimum wear.
If the boots go to body temperature, simply add cold water to reactivate. The boot can be in use during re-activation (left on the leg). Ensure dry spots are checked for at regular intervals – particularly on hot days.
High humidity (90%) will diminish the fabrics ability for the product to provide cooling.
- Advanced water absorption technology provides cooling
- Soak in water for 5-8 minutes to activate (maximum 30 minutes*). No need for refrigeration
- Anatomically shaped
- Medical grade cold water fabric
- Hypoallergenic and antibacterial
- 3D ducted sports mesh for air circulation
- Injury prevention
- Aids tissue recovery after strenuous exercise
- Easy wrap-around design
- Helps reduce swelling
- Secure Velcro fastening creates compression with silicone grip ends for ease of fitting
- Suitable for use in the stable & during turnout for 2-4 hours per use
Boots must be soaked in cold water for 5-8 minutes (maximum 30 minutes*), before use ensuring thorough saturation.
It is important to keep the boot saturated during use.
Ensure your boots are securely closed for drying. When dried, the cold water fabric will become rigid.
DO NOT fold the boots for drying – if they are unfolded or manipulated whilst dry the integrity of the fabric may be compromised.
Always soak your cold water compression boots before next use. Do not unfold/ manipulate the fabric when dry.
We recommend washing using our Premier Equine horse boots wash bag.
Remove hair and mud with a brush and ensure all fastenings are closed.
Hand wash & rinse.
DO NOT use detergent – this can deteriorate the fabrics.
Keep out of direct sunlight – this can deteriorate the fabrics.
When dried the fabric will become rigid. Ensure soaking before next use.
DO NOT bleach
DO NOT tumble dry
DO NOT dry clean
DO NOT iron
DO NOT freeze
DO NOT refrigerate
DO NOT USE ON CUTS, ABRASIONS OR DAMAGED SKIN. IF SYMPTOMS OF INJURY PERSIST CONSULT YOUR VET. NOT TO BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR VETERINARY ATTENTION.
DO YOU DELIVER TO PO BOXES?
- Yes, we ship to PO Boxes.
HOW WILL MY ORDER BE SHIPPED?
- We ship all orders with tracking via Australia Post.
- You receive tracking details via email when you order is shipped.
- Australian orders under $150 are charged flat rate shipping of $14.95.
- Australian orders over $150 include free shipping.
- International orders are shipped at a flat fee of $40 AUD charged at checkout. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER BE DELIVERED?
- We aim to ship all orders between 1-2 business days from payment confirmation.
- Please note that this time frame may vary due to circumstances beyond our control such as Australian Public Holidays or COVID restrictions.
- You will receive tracking details when you order is shipped.
- Orders shipped within Victoria are usually delivered between 2 - 5 working days. For all other states please allow between 3 - 7 working days for metropolitan areas and up to 10 working days for regional areas.
- Please refer to your individual tracking notification for further detail.
WHERE DO YOU SHIP FROM?
- All our stock (other than personalised brushes) is dispatched at our Melbourne warehouse.
- If the website says it's available, it's in Australia and ready to ship to you. We hate when you order something thinking that its local and then find it ships from overseas!
DO YOU ACCEPT EXCHANGES OR RETURNS?
- Yes, we offer hassle free exchanges and returns on orders (other than custom products) provided that you return it within 14 days after receiving your order, the product and packaging is in its original condition and it was not a customised or clearance/sale item.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept change of mind returns on customised products unless there is a manufacturing fault so please ensure you enter all details correctly and triple check spelling before placing your order. If you have any questions we are always happy to help prior to you placing your order.
- Returns must be accompanied by your original order details and contact details. Please do not send or e-mail us credit card numbers or other sensitive information. We will contact you directly if clarification is required.
- We do not refund shipping charges or return postage.
- Please contact us prior to any returns to ensure a smooth process.